Mods suggestions for the official server

12 replies
Votes:
+18
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ADMIN
Official Member
In this forum you can suggest mods that you think would be a good addition to the main serer
Posted Oct 28, 18 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+21
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Supporter
Is there a list somewhere for the current mods on the server?
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Posted Oct 29, 18
Votes:
+1
Mod Suggestions for a better experience:

For early Game:
Steam Workshop :: dzn Weapon Holders Carryable
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Version: 1 Requirements: CBA_A3, ACE3 Adds ability to carry/drag weapon holders (bunch of items dropped to the ground) via ACE3 interaction menu. Features: - Make weapon holders carryabl
Steam Workshop :: Arma 3 Flashlight Mod (Exile Fix)
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Simple flash light for use in game without the need for one attached to a weapon. player addWeapon "bv_flashlight"; Press L to use it. This is an update to the currently existing flashl

Better Control:
Steam Workshop :: BoxLoader - Vehicle in Vehicle loadin...
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. BoxLoader is a mod based around Arma 3's Vehicle in Vehicle loading, adding actions to support loading of ammoboxes and containers into vehicles with Vehicle in Vehicle transportation space. Boxloader
Steam Workshop :: Fluid/incremental door opening
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. What is this? This addon enables you to hold a key, then roll your mouse wheel to incrementally open doors and hatches. How do I install it? Currently the only way to launch addons from t
Steam Workshop :: ACE Interaction Menu Expansion
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. If you play with ACE mod you've probably felt the annoyance more or less when the ACE interaction menu and vanilla ArmA action menu get in the way of each other - having to remember when to use which

Crazy Tactics:
Steam Workshop :: WMO - Walkable Moving Objects
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. This Addons makes you be able to walk on driving vehicles without sliding off. I highly recommend BadBensons Enhanced Movement to be able to climb ontop of the vehicles. Bu...
Steam Workshop :: FFV for Quadbikes
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Enables FFV (Fire From Vehicle) functionality for all Quadbikes. Should be a feature in the vanilla game, honestly. The angle of attack is between 0 90 degrees off both the right and left sides for a
Steam Workshop :: Double Primary Weapons
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Title says it all carry 2 to 3 primarys. Steps Listed Below 1. Select weapon from arsenal,ammo box,etc 2. Scroll and click action holster weapon,etc 3. Repeat for desired guns are holstered
Steam Workshop :: FFV for Quadbikes
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Enables FFV (Fire From Vehicle) functionality for all Quadbikes. Should be a feature in the vanilla game, honestly. The angle of attack is between 0 90 degrees off both the right and left sides for a
Posted Oct 29, 18
Votes:
+25
Level 2
LEVEL 2
ADMIN
Official Member
1) yes excellent for antistasi
2) sounds good havent tested it
3) similar system already implemeted into the msission
4) works or used to work with ace - if thats no longer the case we could use the mod but remember more mods = more that can break
5) havent tested that myself
6) Mwo wont work it runs the script every second severely degrading server performance - it says this in the steam workshop description
7) yes dont know why this isnt vanilla
8) i dont like the idea of having a MG and a marksman rifle at the same time - you can use a ace gunbag if you want to use an assault rifle and a sniper
9) see 7
Posted Oct 29, 18
Votes:
+6
ADMIN
Official Member
hi,
maybe this does not exaclty belong here but is there a way to start some kind of votes for mods in the forum? would be way easier
Posted Oct 29, 18
Votes:
+18
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ADMIN
Official Member
These is my suggestion for the server mod list

Server side mods

#1 - Tactical Position Ready

Steam Workshop :: Tactical Position Ready
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Tactical Position Ready Use high ready and low ready to change the muzzle up and down, then you can respond to friendly fire. * It may be difficult to answer because English is not fl

Adds weapon collision against walls and obstacles into the game, when you run up to a wall, your character will put his gun down or up depending on the angle. It adds a bit more complexity to CQB, as running into a building with a sniper rifle is a ad idea with this mod. No more guns clipping thorough walls.

#2 - Tactical Weapon Swap

Steam Workshop :: Tactical Weapon Swap
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Tactical Weapon Swap Rifle transition to pistol This mod is Addon which puts a rifle in the front part of the front of the body after replacing with a pistol. It is my first mod and the de

Adds the ability to sling a second primary weapon on your chest. I consider this to be a bit more realistic then just putting an m4 inside a backpack. Its also rather useful, as with this, you can use and sniper rifle as primary and also carry an m4 slinged on your chest as a backup weapon. Plus it looks cool.

#3 - GRAD Trenches

Steam Workshop :: GRAD Trenches
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Gruppe Adler Trenches (short: GRAD Trenches) retextures ACE trenches based on the ground texture. Therefore trenches look more naturally and to blend into the environment. Features: - adds the po

The default trenches in ace are hideous looking monstrosities, this fixes that.

#4 - Grad SlingHelmet

Steam Workshop :: GRAD SlingHelmet
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Gruppe Adler Sling Helmet (GRAD_slingHelmet) https://github.com/DerZade/grad_slinghelmet GRAD_slingHelmet is a mod for Arma 3, which adds the functionality of slinging your helmet onto your belt

Ever wanted to put on a hat without having to drop your helmet or having it waste space in your backpack, with this mod you can sling a helmet on your belt, allows you to essentially carry 2 headgear items. Just looks cool.

#5 - dnz Weapon Holders Carryable

Steam Workshop :: dzn Weapon Holders Carryable
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Version: 1 Requirements: CBA_A3, ACE3 Adds ability to carry/drag weapon holders (bunch of items dropped to the ground) via ACE3 interaction menu. Features: - Make weapon holders carryabl

This mod allows you to pickup weapons and items which are on the ground in bulk and move them around. This is great as it allows you to loot items and weapons without having to individually equip everything you want to loot. Perfect for antistasi.

#6 - dnz Extended Jamming

Steam Workshop :: dzn Extended Jamming
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Mod adds weapon jamming to vanilla A3 or extends ACE jamming (from ACE Overheating) with additional logic. Client-side, but when installed on the server - settings may be forced. Version: 2

Adds a bit more complexity to weapon jamming's. When your gun jams, you open a menu, this menu has various options which allow you to unjam your gun manually, by pulling the bolt or pulling the mag out. Its rather cool.

#7 - ADV - ACE Medical

Steam Workshop :: ADV - ACE Medical
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. ADV - ACE Medical: A combination of ADV - ACE CPR and ADV - ACE Splint. Both of these mods can be enabled or configured separately with the CBA Settings System. Get them on their own at: ADV -

Adds a bit more complexity to ACE medical, because one doesn't simply bring people back from the dead with CPR, or heal a broken leg back to normal with a bandage. The mod adds a defibrillator and splints to the game.

--

#8 - Diwako's ACE Ragdolling

Steam Workshop :: Diwako's ACE Ragdolling
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Mod to make players and AI ragdoll instead of snapping to the revive animation when using ACE Medical Description Been playing with a group for a long time now and noticed that people immediatel

This mod makes players and AI ragdoll rather then just being instantly teleported into the unconscious position on the ground. Makes getting shot look more realistic and acceptable.

#9 - Radio Animations for Task Force Radio

Steam Workshop :: Radio Animations for Task Force Radio
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Radio Animations for Task Force Radio made by KokaKolaA3 How to use Escape > Options> KKA3 TFAR Animation Settings Select one of the Animations. (disabled by default) Serverside fo

Adds an animation where if you talk on the radio your character brings his hand up to the radio, looks cool.

Server side mods

#1 - Goko ballistic impacts

Steam Workshop :: Goko ballistic Impact
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. Thanks: Hamza 'ElKappucino' for helping with artwork and testing I RexCityRx I for testing and ideas Bohemia Interactive for creating Arma. ...

Adds Better bullet impact effects

#2 - Cartridge Cases

Steam Workshop :: Cartridge Cases
Steam Workshop: Arma 3. With this addon, the cartridges will not disappear any more. Works on server-side or singleplayer The mod is very simple. When the unit shoots, the mod calculates the end position of the car

Bullet casings remain on the ground

Posted Oct 30, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 30, 18
Votes:
+25
Level 2
LEVEL 2
ADMIN
Official Member
Testing some of these mods on Wurms server we have found some issules with ACE ragdolling - in some cases people that get revived dissapear and are displayed for you still on the ground despite the fact htat they are already revied - if you shoot them while on the ground they die even if they are kilometers away on their screen

Another thing is that GRAD trenches tends to update nearly every week wich means that you have to fiddle around with the server every time you want to play wich could be an isuue when no admins are around

As i already mentioned i dont like the idea of haveing 2 primarlies if you are a marksman and want an assault rifle for self defense you can use an ace gun bag to carry the sniper on you back and then unpack it as soon as you reach a nice position
Posted Oct 30, 18 · Last edited Oct 30, 18
Supporter
Votes:
+169
Level 5
LEVEL 5
ADMIN
Official Member
Supporter
Or use a P2000 with a MRCO as a sidearm.
Swoop.gif
Posted Nov 1, 18
Votes:
Official Member
I have see no mod that is anything more then aesthetic and the few that are not aesthetic the only reason to add them is to deal with something that is already dealt with via configuration, or the mod is just not realistic
BladeRavinger.png
Posted Nov 11, 18
Votes:
Official Member
Steam Workshop :: dzn Weapon Holders CarryableChanges the Dynamic of antistasi, but has potential.
Steam Workshop :: Arma 3 Flashlight Mod (Exile Fix)We have NVG's and flashlights ingame, but will look into any benefits this may have

Steam Workshop :: BoxLoader - Vehicle in Vehicle loadin...Only mod i would be more then willing to drop in without question.
Steam Workshop :: Fluid/incremental door openingNo need, if the AI is indoors they have already opened it 90% of the time
Steam Workshop :: ACE Interaction Menu Expansioni see no reason fo this really, and could interfere with how the antistasi mod works.

Steam Workshop :: WMO - Walkable Moving ObjectsSure Superman, lets go....... not
Steam Workshop :: FFV for QuadbikesPotentially for those that use quads alot. though most of the time your not in a military quad, your in an offroad with 3 other dudes, if you did grab a quad, your probably playing alone, and this serves no purpose
Steam Workshop :: Double Primary WeaponsBig ol' negative there pal, you want to play that game, play 1.8 arcade redub
==============================================================================

And Because Even Dumb Deserves A Voice

==============================================================================

#1 - Tactical Position Ready

Steam Workshop :: Tactical Position ReadyMore of a nuisance then anything, all cosmetic
#2 - Tactical Weapon Swap

Steam Workshop :: Tactical Weapon Swapin reality just and more mods to the server, and then allows everyone to run around with a thousand guns, back to arcade shooters with you

#3 - GRAD Trenches

Steam Workshop :: GRAD TrenchesNot useful at all, we have the tools to dig trenches, there would be no benefit to have more trenches that we dont use, i have never seen anyone use the entrenching tool. though i have myself used it a couple of times.

#4 - Grad SlingHelmet

Steam Workshop :: GRAD SlingHelmetPurely Cosmetic

#5 - dnz Weapon Holders Carryable

Steam Workshop :: dzn Weapon Holders CarryableCovered this one already

#6 - dnz Extended Jamming

Steam Workshop :: dzn Extended JammingBUT WHY DO WE NEED THAT, if you want more complexity when your weapon jams, why dont i just make your weapon jam more often, its already a 1 in a million chance.

#7 - ADV - ACE Medical

Steam Workshop :: ADV - ACE Medical90% of people dont even know how ACE Medical works and you want it harder for them?

#8 - Diwako's ACE Ragdolling

Steam Workshop :: Diwako's ACE RagdollingAnd the potential issues with this are endless. cosmetic

#9 - Radio Animations for Task Force Radio

Steam Workshop :: Radio Animations for Task Force RadioCosmetic

Server side mods

#1 - Goko ballistic impacts

Steam Workshop :: Goko ballistic ImpactCosmetic

#2 - Cartridge Cases

Steam Workshop :: Cartridge CasesLag inducing Cosmetic

=================================================================================if yall want client side cosmetics, let me know we can see about adding the keys for them, but the server should only have to deal with the game, not you making the game look selfi worthy. tax your own computer with that shit, not the servers
BladeRavinger.png
Posted Nov 11, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices